Sunday, December 18, 2005

First Xmas Alone

So, every xmas for the last 9 years I have managed to come home with a man. He was not always smart enough, tall enough or honest, but he was mine. This xmas I bring myself, for the first time, I am not settling for the sake of having someone for the holidays. To tell you the truth, I am actually kind of looking forward to it. No more annoying in-laws, no more having to share the holidays with multiple families, no more expensive gifts that will not be truly appreciated! I have loads of time for family and friends without feeling obliged... Its quite wonderful... I mean, what is it about this time of year that makes us feel like we need to couple up: the multitude of dinner parties, family gatherings, sheer loneliness? Who knows, all I can say is I am not going to let it get to me... If I end up kissing a bottle vodka at the stroke of midnight, I will be a happy camper. (ok, maybe that last one was a bit much). In any case, I wish all my loved ones a happy and safe holiday season, much love to you all!

No comments: